Welcome to the Toolkit for Incubating Business Ideas. Below you will be able to access a collection of content, exercises, activities and methodology that is used through the Innovation and Social Enterprise Lab’s Incubator Program. This is a hands on toolkit that allows the user to access all of the steps needed to facilitate the incubation process, and should be used as a complementary resource throughout the Incubator Program. The toolkit is dynamic, in that it allows you to easily navigate between chapters and worksheet exercises with embedded links throughout the text, and along the top navigation bar. You will see a set of icons below the toolkit, which you can use as follows:
- The arrows allow you to navigate back and forth between pages
- The four small squares will allow you to enable a left hand navigation bar to also jump between pages more quickly
- You can zoom in and out with the magnifying glass
- The cross with arrows will allow you to expand the toolkit to full screen
- And finally, the three dots have the following additional helpful options:
- “Single page mode” will allow you to just see one page of the toolkit at a time (we recommend this viewing option)
- “Go to first page” will take you to the first page of the toolkit
- “Go to last page” will take you to the last page of the toolkit
- Turn on/off sound will allow you to control the sound of the pages turning to match your preference
- Once again, you will notice that there are links embedded throughout the toolkit. Most importantly, you’ll see purple boxes which are “action points” where you will usually have links to the annex in the back of the toolkit which houses all of the worksheets, tools and templates for the incubation process. The links within these purple boxes will take you directly to the worksheet that is referenced in the action point so that you can easily complete it.
If you have any questions or issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com. We’re excited for you to begin your journey incubating high impact social enterprise ideas!