Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
If you would like to access, modify, correct, or delete your personal information, please contact us. When you contact us, you may be required to provide us some details to verify your identity in this case. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect, or we are unable to verify your identity.
125 Maiden Lane, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10038
email@example.com / 212-248-6400
How We Collect Information From or About You Online
We collect information you provide when you use our Platforms to:
- Make a donation
- Contribute content
- Use interactive features (e.g. learning platform site; chat feature)
- Sign an online petition
- Apply for a job or internship opportunity
- Sign up to receive communications from IPPFWHR
- Participate in polls, surveys, or quizzes
- Contact us with a question, comment, or request for more information
To process a donation, it is necessary for IPPFWHR – or one of its third-party vendors – to gather the visitor’s name, email address, mailing address, phone, and credit card information. This data is used to verify identity and execute the financial transaction. Additionally, phone number and email address information may be used to contact visitors if there is a problem with the transaction.
Personal information collected to conduct financial transactions is kept private and secure and is not sold, rented, or traded to third parties. It is important to note that credit card numbers are used only at the time of the transaction and are not stored following the conclusion of the transaction unless a transaction is selected that occurs on a regular basis. For transactions that recur, credit card information is stored in an encrypted format.
What Information We Collect From or About You Online
By using our Platforms, you may provide us with information including, but not limited to:
- Your name
- Your photograph
- Your contact information
- Your demographic information
- Your credit card information for donations
- Your area of interest in our programs
- Information you provide when submitting an employment/volunteer application
- Information you provide when you contact us
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
IPPFWHR may use your personal information for several purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing you with updates and information you request;
- Processing financial transactions you have authorized, including one-time and recurring donations;
- Sharing fundraising campaigns or petitions;
- Sending you advertisement communications through third-party channels, marketing communications, promotional material, invitations to events and meetings, or other communications that may be of interest to you;
- Conducting research and statistical analysis;
- Meeting any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request;
- Detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, security or technical issues; or
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of IPPFWHR, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Additionally, IPPFWHR may use your donor information for several purposes, including but not limited to:
- If you supply us with your contact information, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on our programs and services. If you do not want to receive postal mail and/or e-mail from us in the future, please opt-out by sending your request via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 212-248-6400.
- IPPFWHR conducts research on existing and potential donors using only publicly available information, in order to inform our fundraising strategies. IPPFWHR affirms that we do not elicit information that is not already publicly available. The use of donor information is limited to internal purposes, by authorized individuals, to better service existing donors, potential donors or partner relationships;
- The Development Director may, in his/her discretion, make all or part of any donor record available to staff members or volunteers if essential to them in executing their responsibilities;
- To carry out its responsibilities, the Board of Directors may need to review donor/prospect records. All directors shall respect IPPFWHR’s significant interest in protecting the sensitive nature of those records and shall maintain these policies for donor confidentiality;
- IPPFWHR’s auditors are authorized to confidentially review donor and prospect records as required for the purposes for which they are engaged; or
IPPFWHR may recognize the names of donors in our print and digital Annual Report, and other donor publications unless a donor requests their gift be listed as “Anonymous.” Please make such a request via email to email@example.com.
A note about Facebook Advertising: Like many nonprofits, IPPFWHR may use Facebook Advertising to target our supporters and prospective supporters with relevant content related to sexual and reproductive health and rights. IPPFWHR uses an encrypted contact list for such advertising and does not trade or sell your information with third-party advertising partners.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We understand your concerns about safety and security and want to assure you that we make every effort to safeguard your information and privacy when you use our Platforms. IPPFWHR further recognizes that the operation of the organization requires the maintenance and management of extensive donor and prospect records. Donor records often contain sensitive information that has been shared with or developed by IPPFWHR staff on a confidential basis.
IPPFWHR endeavors to protect your information through established and implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures and engaging third-party vendors that provide a secure and safe environment for the storage and processing of your credit card and personal information. For example, IPPFWHR uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, those providers are required to sign a confidentiality and privacy agreement, and our donors’ personal information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation. In addition, all staff are required to sign an employee confidentiality agreement which includes all donor-related information.
Please remember that the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal or sensitive information transmitted to us and IPPFWHR makes no representation or warranty that the Platforms are protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities. Any transmission of personal or sensitive information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we put in place for your protection. If you have concerns about the security of sensitive information, do not send it electronically.
Changes to This Policy
This policy was updated May 25, 2018